Friday, March 23, 2012

Serving the Lord


                              This is my sister Brianna loving on my sweet baby girl.

My blog took a seat on the back burner as I tended to more important matters this week.
My mother is recovering from surgery, and I wanted to provide the hands on help she needed. I thought that perhaps offers for housework, laundry and meal preparation would be the acts of kindness needed for a speedy recovery. Homemade macaroni and cheese offers comfort for the soul, but nothing can compare to a baby’s adorable nature. Julianna brought many smiles to my mother’s face by simply smiling, laughing and offering cuddles. My sister Brianna and her baby also came over to offer the support my mom needed.



Illnesses are never pleasant but they allow for quality bonding moments. Brianna and I chatted about our adventures as new parents while our babies locked eyes on one another. My parents and I took time from our busy lives spending days together enjoying each-other’s presence.



Each parent wants to leave a legacy for their children. My greatest hope is that Julianna will model a Christ like attitude by joyfully serving others. For a Godly woman, “…is well-known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the saints, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds” (1 Tim 5:10 NIV). In order for my daughter to see the virtue in helping others, I must be the one modeling a servant’s heart.



But until the day comes where Julianna sees the value in helping others, may my mother be back on her feet in no time. Julianna is learning the important legacy of love our family has to offer, but it’s always nicer when everyone is feeling healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment