Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Black Bean Burritos



My schedule for this week is pretty packed. I'm in the process of moving into a new home, which involves packing and deciding what items to toss. Family will be coming in from out of town for a short visit on Friday. My mother is recovering from surgery and to top it all off my dryer just broke. In order to save money, I've hung wet clothes on lamps, shower rods, chairs and other creative locations. What can I say desperate times call for thinking outside the box. Now throw in the fact that we use cloth diapers and there goes more valuable time. I thought I'd prepare black bean burgers tonight since they are nutritious and easy to make.

The meal requires cooking a can of low sodium black beans over the stove with 1 tsp of chili powder and 1 tsp of cumin. Place the beans on the tortillas when they are done cooking. Once that step is complete, place sliced onions and bell peppers on the tortilla. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro and enjoy.

My recipe involves making burritos for 2 people, so double the ingredients to fit your family size.


No comments:

Post a Comment